Tech AcademyFree 1:1 Technology Mentorship
Tech Academy is a mentorship program designed to introduce Hampton Roads residents to the tech industry.
The program consists of:
- A project of their own choice (i.e. personal website, community app, data science project)
- An custom course/curriculumn teaching students their desired tech skills
Upon completion, students will receive a $200 stipend.
Through the program, students can earn stackable credentials from Google, LinkedIn, and other reputable sources.
Meet 1:1 with industry mentors every week
Individually tailored educational resources compiled from a variety of free and low-cost online resources
Learn real-world technology skills that will help improve your business and/or land you a new job!
Reach your mentors via text whever you need help
Opportunities to see how Technology and Data is used for Environmental Justice (EJ) if interested! Mentees get opportunities to make connections with CSC’s broader Tech for EJ projects:
- NASA Open Data for EJ Communities – https://data.nasa.gov/
- Environmental Justice Academy (EPA) – https://www.epa.gov/oh/ej-academy#whatis
- Building a Weather Ready Nation for All (Georgia Tech and SC Department of Health and Environmental Control)
- Transit Data Science Project (FTA)
- SMART Academy Center of Excellence at Crab Tree Elementary